WHAT TO EXPECT AT WOODS 'N RAPIDS
A natural forest, deadfalls,yellow flowers, 2' to 4' ferns, 3' to 8' bushes and trees to 75'. That is the view from the ground up.
1. Walking along the driveway, expect to see no more than 50' into the woods; this is not an open campground, the sunlight
is filtered through the trees.
2. An enjoyable 1200' walk along the beautiful St. Louis River; you will want to wear shoes or boots. This is more of a rustic
campground in the woods, not lush green grass. There are many trails nearby for walking or riding your ATV.
3. We have 4 kayaks and a canoe for your use. With a deposit you may use them for free in our area or rent them to go upstream
and float down. The DNR has campgrounds for picnicking along the river.
4. We really hope you can commune with nature here; be alert at all times and you're sure to spot a deer, eagle, or a beaver.
5. The St. Louis River provides some excellent fishing: bass, catfish, walleye and northern.
River height dictates their availability and a 1/4" of rain will raise the river by 2'.
6. The St. Louis River is known as the "Root Beer" river due to it's color. The river is full of large rocks and the small rocks
create the rapids. This is a river for small fishing boats, canoes, and kayaks. There are frequently very shallow areas to
navigate through very carefully.